A pet cat plays with a stray dog that just has a shower in a pet shop February 9, 2008 in Xuzhou of Jiangsu Province, China. (Photo by China Photos/Getty Images)
CLEVELAND - Clevelanders looking for a pet couldn't have picked a better time to find one.
That's because the city of
Cleveland Kennel has cut the costs of adopting from $61 to just $20.
Despite the lowered cost, the same services will be provided, including spaying and neutering services, licenses, microchips and the first round of vaccinations.
That does not include rabies vaccination because the city kennel doesn't administer those.
This discount runs until Christmas Eve.
The kennel is also extending its hours on select days this December:
• Tuesday, December 3, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, December 5, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, December 10, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, December 12, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, December 17, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Thursday, December 19, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Regular hours at the kennel are Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and it's located at 2690 West 7th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44113.