FBI's Evidence Response Team returns to national park to process clues in Taylor Robinson case

Family says $4,000 reward still available

BOSTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio - The FBI's Evidence Response Team returned to a section of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park for the second time this week to process potential clues in the death of 19-year-old Taylor Robinson.

NewsChannel5 cameras were kept at a distance behind yellow crime scene tape. It appeared agents were unloading cinder blocks and a park ranger was spotted preparing a chain saw. The chain saw could be heard buzzing in the woods a short time later.

FBI spokesperson Vicki Anderson said agents would not discuss specifics about what was found, but on Wednesday, Chief Park Ranger Chris Ryan said another human bone was discovered along with "additional evidence" that may be connected to the case.

Tim Dimoff, a private investigator conducting his own investigation, said he was told that park rangers found more clothing, but he wasn't sure if it was related to the case.

"All the clothing is very tattered, dirty and decayed," Dimoff said.

Jennie Vasarhelyi, a spokesperson for the park, said the plan was to continue the search until it got dark.

"We are just trying to ensure that the investigation is thorough enough, that we have found all the evidence," Vasarhelyi said.

On Monday evening, two hikers off the Plateau Trail found a human jaw bone. FBI agents came to the woods on Tuesday and found a human skull and other bones. A bra was also located.

Using dental records on Wednesday, the Summit County Medical Examiner positively identified the remains as those of Robinson, who vanished four months ago.

A ruling was not made on the manner or cause of death, but police are handling the investigation as a homicide. The remains will be sent to an anthropologist at Mercyhurst University in Pennsylvania for further analysis.

Akron Police Captain Dan Zampelli said detectives will "work backwards" and try to establish a timeframe in the days leading up to Robinson's disappearance. Investigators are working on the assumption that her body was dumped in the woods, but they don't know that for sure.

"We know where the body ended up, but we don't know if that's where she lost her life," Zampelli said.

Her grandmother, Mary Rucker, reminded the public on Thursday that a $4,000 reward is still on the table for information that leads to Robinson's killer.

"Now what we want is to find that person and ask them why, and make sure they they receive the punishment that they deserve for taking something that didn't belong to them," Rucker said.

Dimoff has prepared a profile of the suspect and is convinced Robinson knew her killer and that there was likely an emotional confrontation before the killing.

"I pretty much feel that we, on our investigative end, have really narrowed it down just to a couple of people," Dimoff said.

Zampelli said it was too early in the investigation to comment on who might be responsible.

"We're not listing anybody as suspects, no persons of interest," he said.

On May 3, Robinson was dropped off by her mother, Carmilla Robinson, at a home on Kipling Street in Akron. Taylor Robinson worked there as a home health aide.

The next day morning, Carmilla Robinson returned to the home to pick her daughter up, but she was nowhere to be found.

Taylor's coat and shoes were left behind. Her cell phone was missing. Police never traced any activity on her phone or bank accounts after that day.



Print this article Back to Top