Police: Mentally challenged teen kidnapped, raped by Cleveland man

CLEVELAND - The alleged kidnapping is like a scene out of the movie Taken 2. A mentally challenged 16-year-old Cleveland girl walking down Lorain Avenue is forced into a man's car, then taken to an abandoned house where she's locked inside for three days.

A brief 911 call to Cleveland police on Jan. 18 by the girl's mother put Cleveland officers into action.

MOTHER: My daughter was abducted. She's on the line. She doesn't know where she is. She needs a cop car to come help her find her way back.
DISPATCHER: If you don't mind me asking, do you know who abducted her?
MOTHER: She's saying it was somebody by the name of "Zoom." Took her to an abandoned house between 117th and 130 something? She doesn't know where she's at. It's real dark in there and it's an abandoned house. She can't get out. She took my little daughter's cellphone.
DISPATCHER: Talk to police when they get there, OK?
MOTHER: OK, thank you.

WEB EXTRA: Click below to hear the mother's 911 call

Officers were able to reach the teen on her cellphone. The 16-year-old told the officer she was on the second floor of an abandoned home and all she could see was the house number across the street.

Police cruisers were dispatched to the west side of the city where they began driving around, checking vacant homes in the area, until the victim said she could see car #146.

Two officers found the teen locked in the attic area of the home in the 3000 block of W. 94th St. The teen told officers Antonio Davis came to the abandoned house earlier that day and told her he was going to "take her out of town tonight so no one could find her," according to the police report.

Authorities were able to track Davis down and arrest him at his home on Wakefield Avenue. Officers brought him to the abandoned house where the victim was being treated by EMS and identified Davis at her kidnapper, police said.

The teen, along with her mother, was taken to a nearby hospital.

Davis has been charged with kidnapping and rape. Bond was set at $50,000 and he remains in jail.

The girl's mother said Davis raped her daughter days before the kidnapping and described him as a "family friend."

Print this article Back to Top