Wellington evacuation lifted after Clay Street near North Main Street cleared due to gas leak

WELLINGTON, Ohio - Wellington Fire Department evacuated the area of Clay Street near North Main Street in Wellington due to a gas leak around 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Police said a contractor hit a service line causing the gas leak, which affected approximately six homes.

Evacuated residents were allowed to return home as of 6:55 p.m.

Crews remain at the scene making repairs.

No one was injured.

Print this article Back to Top