The man indicted on several charges for the St. Patrick's Day shooting at Beachwood Place Mall has a warrant out for his arrest after failing to show up in court on Monday.
On March 17, Jamallee McKinley, Jr., 24, allegedly fired shots near Saks Fifth Avenue, causing the mall to go on lockdown. One man was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg. Police say that McKinley apparently knew and intentionally shot the victim, and that the shooting was the result of an altercation.
McKinley was indicted for the following offenses:
- Two counts of aggravated robbery
- Two counts of felonious assault
- One count of having weapons under disability
- One count of carrying concealed weapons
- One count of improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle
- One count of possessing criminal tools
A second shooting incident happened around the same time in a different area of the mall. Authorities said that shooting was accidental and unrelated to the first shooting.