CLEVELAND — How much snow did your city get? The National Weather Service wants your help in measuring total snow accumulation in your city.
The NWS has provided six tips on how to measure snow accurately before sending it to your local weather service division.
1. Supplies: Ruler or yard stick, 24 inches by 24 inches white board and a flag
2.Planning: Find an open area away from tall objects, but sheltered from the wind.
3. Set up before snow begins— Put your board out and mark it with the flag.
4. Measuring snow— Measure once daily at the same time, after measuring place the board on top of the snow
5. When the snow stops— Measure as soon as the snow stops to avoid lower totals due to melting, settling and drifting.
6. Reporting— Send in your report to the National Weather Service: weather.gov. or on social media.
RELATED: PHOTOS: Snow arrives in Cleveland