* Cuyahoga County Courts NEVER email a jury duty summons. The courts communicate with potential jurors by regular mail.
* NO LEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL will ever call citizens to tell them they are about to be arrested or that if they make an immediate payment they can avoid arrest.
* No goverment agency accepts payment through gift cards or through money wires.
* This is emailed spam that has no connection to the county (it is highly unlikely it was generated within Ohio) -- and we believe the intent is to get people to call an 800-number in the email to capture their phone numbers.
* People should never click on links or attachments included in an email that seems scary or threatening.