AKRON, Ohio — For the third day in a row, Akron Public School buses will have delays on Wednesday.
A spokesman for the district said there will be delays on certain bus routes due to a driver shortage.
The district will have to use multiple buses to cover certain routes.
Families of students on the following bus numbers can expect delays:
- 433 - STEM, King CLC.
- 454 - Summit Christian Academy, Chapel Hill North.
- 466 - Litchfield CLC, Schumacher CLC.
- 467 - Jennings CLC, Harris-Jackson CLC (main campus.)
The district said if there are any more call-offs by drivers, bus routes will be canceled.
Akron isn't the only district dealing with a driver shortage.
Wooster and Streetsboro announced they would also have delays on Wednesday.
The following routes in Wooster can expect delays:
- Bus #4 HS & EW will be 30 minutes late.
- Bus #17 HS & EW will be 15 minutes late.
- Bus #35 Kean will be 20 minutes late.
- Bus #4 Parkview will be 20 minutes late.
- Bus #30 Cornerstone will be 15 minutes late.
In Streetsboro, the following routes were canceled:
- Bus 4.
- Bus 10.
- Bus 11.