CANTON, Ohio — Canton firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire and resuscitated it Tuesday morning.
Crews responded to a fire at a two-story wood-frame home at about 10 a.m. to find smoke showing on the first floor of the home, according to Canton fire officials. There were reports of entrapment.
Firefighters searched the home and found the dog in the first-floor bedroom. There were no other occupants in the home.
The dog was rescued from the home and resuscitated with a breathing apparatus.
"After a little bit of Oxygen therapy, Dolly was up and walking around!" states a post on the Canton Fire Department Facebook page.
Firefighters found fire in a pan on the stove, and walls around the stove were also on fire, officials said. The fire was determined to have started on the stovetop and was ruled accidental.
The fire caused about $10,000 damage to the structure and $5,000 in damage to contents of the home, officials said.