Two people were taken to the hospital for treatment after a fire on Behrwald Avenue early Tuesday.
The fire broke out at a duplex in the 3500 block of the road around 4:45 a.m.
The house was fully involved when fire crews arrived.
Cleveland EMS told newsnet5.com that two adults were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center in stable condition. It is unclear if they got of the house on their own or if they had to be rescued. Neighbors said those two residents lived in the downstairs apartment of the duplex.
According to neighbors, two adults and a child who were living upstairs were also able to get out safely.
A cat did not survive the fire.