NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro

Actions

Firefighters investigating gas leak discover two dead bodies

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WEWS.png
Posted at 1:18 PM, Mar 11, 2018
and last updated 2018-03-12 08:34:36-04

An elderly couple was found dead inside a Cleveland home when firefighters were called to investigate a gas leak, according to the Cleveland fire chief.

The chief said a relative went to the home at 12908 Lenacrave Ave. to do a wellness check and smelled gas.

Cleveland fire said the gas leak had nothing to do with their death.

One of the victims was identified as 89-year-old Jonnie Watts of Cleveland.

At this time, it is unknown how the two died. A medical examiner is on scene.

Cleveland police have taken over the investigation.