The Coast Guard has established temporary security zones for navigable waters within Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River during the 2016 Republican National Convention from July 15, 2016 through July 23, 2016.
- Zone 2 will be in effect from 6 a.m. through 11:59 p.m. on July 17
- Zone 4 will be in effect daily from 4:00 p.m. on July 18 through 1:00 a.m. on July 22
- There is currently no plan for zones 1 or 3 to be in effect
- These times are subject to change in coordination with the event schedule
- Public notice of enforcement periods will be made via Broadcast Notice to Mariners over VHF channel 16
The Coast Guard has also established two safety zones located northwest of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and on the Western side of the entrance to the Cuyahoga River to allow individuals expressing their views the means to do so in a safe manner.
- Zone 5 will be active from 2:00 p.m. through 11:59 p.m. on July 17
- Zone 6 will be active from 9:00 a.m. on July 17 through 11:59 p.m. on July 21