PARMA, Ohio — The jackpot for the Queen of Hearts is back over $1 million!
Grayton Road Tavern, the bar and restaurant that hosts the game, said the jackpot is now at $1,777,919 and that there are only nine cards left in the deck.
Raffle tickets get pulled weekly until the Queen of Hearts is drawn. The next drawing is Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 8 p.m. at Legends Sports Bar and Grill in Parma.
In case you're new to this whole Queen of Hearts phenomenon, here's a breakdown:
- Every card in a deck of cards is assigned a random number.
- Buy a raffle ticket for $1. There is no limit to the number of raffle tickets you can purchase.
- Write your first and last name, phone number and the card number you think holds the Queen of Hearts on the back of your ticket.
- Pray, cross your fingers, knock on wood, do a dance, whatever you think will help your ticket 1) be pulled during the drawing, and 2) have the correct number on it.
- The drawing will continue, cards will be eliminated and the pot will keep growing every week until one lucky person wins.
For a complete list of rules and information from Grayton Road Tavern,