NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro


Man severely burned in explosion at Cleveland home

Posted at 8:23 PM, Dec 03, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-04 15:10:10-05

A man was injured Sunday evening in an explosion on Cleveland's east side. 

Authorities said the man was severely injured. He was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center for treatment.  

Cleveland EMS said there was a strong gas smell coming from inside the building where the explosion happened at 4807 Quincy Avenue. The gas was shut off as a result.

The explosion is still under investigation. The Cleveland Fire Department said it may have been caused by a natural gas leak.