OLD BROOKLYN, Ohio — Allen Morinec junior and Michael Kuznik are getting used to life back at home after coronavirus cut their semesters short at Georgia Tech University and Ohio State University.
Last Saturday, the two were cleaning out Morinec's garage, when an unattended deep fryer in their neighbor's house caught fire.
For a few seconds, neither of them noticed and as they continued to work, the flames got larger.
Once they noticed, they sprang into action.
They call 911 and then pounded on the doors to get everyone inside to safety.
The pair grabbed fire extinguishers from Morinec's house.
They said it took three extinguishers to get the flames under control, while they waited for firefighters to arrive.
The pair said it was a blessing to be in the right place at the right time.