The Kenston Intermediate School was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a teacher reported feeling sick after she thought she smelled an odor in the building.
Students and staff were evacuated to the high school while the Bainbridge Fire Department investigated.
Parents were informed of the situation and told their students could either be picked up at the high school or take the bus home.
According to the fire department, the odor was caused by a dust burn from starting up a heating unit. Firefighters say there were no detectable odors of gas or any presence of carbon monoxide.