EUCLID, Ohio — A Euclid mother and her three children escaped their home after a fire broke out inside an attached garage early Wednesday morning, according to a release from the Euclid Fire Department.
Euclid fire responded at around 2:35 a.m. to the 850 block of East 237th Street for a fire in an attached garage.
A mother and her child met with firefighters upon their arrival.
Initially, there was only a light amount of smoke coming from the garage, but when firefighters opened the garage door, thick black smoke poured out, revealing a burning 2018 Jeep Renegade.
Sixteen firefighters responded, with no injuries.
Fire officials ruled the fire accidental and determined the fire originated from the engine compartment of the Jeep. The fire resulted in an estimated damage of $26,000 for the vehicle and the garage.
The fire was extinguished before it reached the home.