News

Actions

Two injured in an overnight fire in Maple Heights

Posted at 6:42 AM, Sep 01, 2017

Two people were injured in an overnight apartment fire on Lee Road South in Maple Heights.

According to Maple Heights firefighters, the fire started in a first-floor apartment in that unit's kitchen. A man living in that apartment suffered burns to his hands and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Another person in a second-floor apartment jumped from a window and was also taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Their injures appeared minor according to firefighters.

A child was also treated at the scene for minor smoke inhalation and then released to their parents.

Firefighters said that they have just started their investigation but it appeared to have been a cooking fire and the man that was burned was attempting to put the fire out when he was injured.