The City of Cleveland announced Thursday that there will be weekend parking restrictions in the Warehouse District and in the Flats East Bank.
Signage posted indicates no parking in certain areas on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m. Any vehicle parked in these spots during these times will be cited and towed.
The streets affected include:
- Old River Road from Main Avenue to St. Clair Avenue
- West 10th Street from Main Avenue to St. Clair Avenue
- West 9th Street from Front Street to Superior Avenue
- West 6th Street from Lakeside Avenue to Superior Avenue
- West 3rd Street from Lakeside Avenue to Superior Avenue
- Saint Clair Avenue from West 9th Street to West 3rd Street
- Lakeside Avenue from West 6th Street to West 3rd Street
The City of Cleveland says the parking restrictions are in an effort to reduce overcrowding along the curb lane, which affects the flow of traffic and the ability of first responders and police to respond to emergency situations.
Parking lots within the entertainment district and throughout downtown are available for paid parking.
If your vehicle gets towed, contact the Cleveland Police Impound Unit at 216-623-5060. Drivers will have to visit the walk-in Customer Service Center located at the City of Cleveland Vehicle Impound & Clerk of Courts Payment Center at 3040 Quigley Road. Drivers should be able to show proof of current registration and photo ID, and all overdue parking tickets must be paid in full.