NewsLocal NewsCuyahoga County


Woman injured in Euclid apartment fire after food left unattended

Posted at 11:18 AM, Jul 28, 2018

A Euclid woman who left food unattended while cooking early Saturday morning was injured when her kitchen caught fire.

The fire started around 2 a.m. at a residence in the 27050 block of Brush Avenue. The 52-year-old resident was rescued from the apartment by security, authorities said.

A nearby ambulance responded to the scene and used a fire extinguisher to control the flames until firefighters arrived. The fire was put out a few minutes later. The fire started after the victim left food cooking in the kitchen unsupervised, authorities said.

The victim, who suffered second-degree burns to her face, back and hands, was transported to a nearby hospital by EMS.