News

Actions

Vermilion teen dies after electrical experiment

Posted at 1:09 PM, Apr 20, 2016

Authorities say that a Vermilion teen was electrocuted to death while reportedly trying to perform an experiment he may have seen on YouTube.

 
The Sandusky Register reports that 15-year-old Morgan Wojciechowski died Tuesday night. It appeared he was electrocuted while he was trying to conduct an experiment called "Jacob's Ladder," which is defined as a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity.
 
A cell phone converts the 120 Volts that come out of a wall socket into 9 or 12 Volts, but Jacob's Ladder converts that same 120 Volts to more than 500 Volts, according to the University of Wisconsin-Madison's website.
 
Morgan was a vibrant student and athlete who was well liked, according to Vermilion schools, which sent out a press statement saying it was brokenhearted over the tragic loss.