News

Actions

Electrical fire inside South High School in Willoughby overnight

Posted at 7:09 AM, Aug 10, 2016

A fire inside South High School in Willoughby overnight sent smoke through the building and damaged the electrical system inside the building.

According to firefighters at the scene, a large electrical transformer inside a utility room blew up and caught fire during the storms late Tuesday.

Fire officials said they were not able to tell if lightning caused the fire.

Firefighters said they used fans to ventilate the building but the damage to the electrical system is concerning with the upcoming school year so close.