Hazmat call in Mogadore ends without incident

Posted at 6:38 AM, Jul 26, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-26 06:38:06-04

Mogadore firefighters were called to their next door neighbor, OMNOVA Solutions Inc., for a hazmat situation late Monday night.

According to firefighters, a chemical container got too hot while in storage outside the facility in a metal shipping container and burst open.

The chemical inside the drum was Divinylbenzene that is used by OMNOVA in a manufacturing process, according to responding crews.

Firefighters said there was no threat to the general public and even the employees were not in any way in danger.

The situation closed South Cleveland Road in the area until around midnight.

Lakemore, Suffield and Tallmadge assisted Mogadore firefighters in containing the chemical and cooling other drums as a precaution.