Eight kittens were found overheated in a small plastic bin, outside the Humane Society of Summit County.
Humane Society workers don't know how long the kittens were there, before they were found.
A guest noticed them and alerted employees.
Shelter leaders told News 5 if these kittens were left outside for much longer, they may have died.
“They were dehydrated, and certainly had some effects of the heat,” said Diane Johnson, Humane Society of Summit County President/CEO.
Another shelter administrator Louise Dilullo said she was horrified, when she saw the kittens.
“They were stuffed inside the box with a lid crammed on top, it was pretty awful,” she said. “They were in the plastic container with little holes drilled in it.”
The vets believe the eight kittens were from two separate litters and are between two and four months old.
If you want to drop off stray animals or any pets at the shelter, they said this is not the right way to do it.
“The right way is just come in, we'll take the animals, no problems no questions,” said Johnson. “The process could take a really short time; I don't know why they would do that. Please, just don't leave them outside.”
Thankfully, all of the kittens are expected to make a full recovery. They should be available for adoption within the next month.