The Akron Zoo is asking for the public's help in naming two adorable additions to the zoo.
A Humboldt penguin chick was hatched on June 1 and a Siberian musk deer fawn was born on June 13. Since their introduction into the world, zookeepers have been busy preparing them for their big debuts.
The zoo is holding a naming contest that runs through August 8 at noon.
Five name options were each given for the penguin and the musk deer.
Name options for the penguin:
- Guanay– Guanay cormorants provide the most the guano for nesting penguins in Peru.
- Junio—meaning June.
- Maximo—meaning the greatest
- Pacific—for the Pacific Ocean
- Rico— meaning brave ruler
Name options for musk deer
- Alina—meaning beautiful
- Katia— meaning clean, pure
- Lika— meaning angel, messenger
- Nadia— meaning full of promises
- Svetlana—meaning she who shines brightly
Put in your vote here .