CLEVELAND — The Greater Cleveland Food Bank will host what is expected to be its largest drive-thru distribution at the Muni-Lot Thursday.
On Nov. 19, from 2-5 p.m., the food bank will distribute fresh produce and perishable products to anyone in line.
At the most recent distribution, the food bank said it gave food to more than 2,800 families.
The food bank said legislators will be on hand to distribute fresh fruits and vegetables including sweet potatoes, apples, carrots and onions.
The food bank said the following legislators are scheduled to volunteer:
- Senator Rob Portman’s office
- Staff from Congresswoman Marcia Fudge’s office
- State Senators Sandra Williams and John Eklund
- Cuyahoga County Council Members Yvonne Conwell, Jack Schron, and Cheryl Stephens
- City of Cleveland Council Members Joe Jones, Kerry McCormack, Michael Polensek, Kevin Conwell, and Brian Kazy.
In the past year, more than 404,000 clients have turned to the food bank and its partner agencies to get food.
Registration is encouraged for Thursday’s distribution. The public can register here.