MAYFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio — Progressive Insurance announced it’s hiring people to fill hundreds of open positions in the Cleveland area as part of a nationwide effort to hire up to 6,400 new employees at locations across the country.
Progressive is looking to fill roles in a variety of areas including call centers, claims, technology, legal and analysis business areas.
New eligible hires can participate in the company’s bonus plan. Progressive offers employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits as well as four weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads, including same-sex partners, adoptive and foster parents.
Many of the roles at Progressive are hybrid or full remote positions due to changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to view available positions.
While Progressive didn’t specify how many jobs available were in the Cleveland area, it did give a breakdown of the number of positions that will be filled across the company:
- The 3,000 Call Center positions across the country include customer service representatives, inbound sales representatives, Spanish bilingual call center representatives, claims customer service representatives, and sales specialists
- The 2,900 claims positions include claims adjuster trainees, auto damage claims adjusters, bodily injury claims adjusters, property claims adjusters, catastrophe adjusters, medical claims representative trainees, and centralized claims adjusters. Positions include field roles, hybrid work from home/office options, and fully remote roles.
- There will be over 300 jobs available within the technology team. Those positions include developers, data engineers, IT analysts, systems engineers and more.
- The legal group plans to fill 150 more jobs with our House Counsel team, which includes attorneys and legal support staff.
- Hiring also includes approximately 60 jobs in data and analytics, which includes data scientists, data analysts, BI developers, pricing analysts, product analysts, marketing analysts and more (including leadership opportunities). Additionally, openings in corporate business areas such as HR, Marketing, and Product Management are available.
This story is part of The Rebound: Northeast Ohio, News 5's initiative to help people through the financial impact of the coronavirus by offering one place to go for information on everything available to help and how to access it. We're providing resources on:
Getting Back to Work - Learn about the latest job openings, how to file for benefits and succeed in the job market.
Making Ends Meet - Find help on topics from rent to food to new belt-tightening techniques.
Managing the Stress - Feeling isolated or frustrated? Learn ways to connect with people virtually, get counseling or manage your stress.
Doing What's Right - Keep track of the way people are spending your tax dollars and treating your community.
Do you have an idea for a Rebound story? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.