CLEVELAND — Ahead of the much-anticipated Indians Home Opener on April 1, the City of Cleveland has issued information about parking restrictions, ride-share drop off locations and traffic info for the thousands of fans who will be coming to the ball park.
Residents should expect heavy traffic as the Home Opener is sold out. The game is scheduled to start at 4:10 p.m.
The following parking restrictions will be in effect on Monday from noon to midnight:
- East 4th Street from Prospect Avenue to Huron Road, both sides
- West Huron Road from Ontario Street to West Superior Avenue
- East 9th Street from Carnegie Avenue to Superior Avenue, both sides
- Prospect Avenue from East 14th Street to Ontario Street, both sides
- Huron Road between Ontario Street and Prospect Avenue, both sides
- Carnegie Avenue from East 14th Street to East 9th Street, both sides
Erie Court, located between East 14th and East 9th streets, is designated as the drop-off and pick-up spot for Uber and Lyft. The area is authorized for ride-sharing from April 1 at noon until April 2 at midnight.
Traffic controllers will be in place to help improve traffic flow.
Don't be fooled
Fans who purchase tickets from a secondary source are taking a risk. Only tickets sold and purchased through indians.com or Cleveland Indians exclusive secondary ticket provider StubHub will be guaranteed Progressive Field access and a superior level of customer service.