GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Baseball is back!
The Cleveland Indians are set to take on the Cincinnati Reds Sunday afternoon in Goodyear, Arizona to open up Cactus League play and begin the Spring Training schedule.
First pitch is at 3:05 p.m. EST and the game will be broadcast on WTAM 1100.
The tribe has been rearing up for their first game since pitchers and catchers reported to camp on Feb. 17.
In the first game of Spring Training, the Tribe will go with the following lineup:
- CF Oscar Mercado
- LF Ben Gamel
- 1B Jake Bauers
- RF Josh Naylor
- 3B Mike Freeman
- 2B Yu Chang
- DH Billy Hamilton
- SS Andrés Giménez
- C Austin Hedges
Cal Quantrill will take the mound first, with Sam Hentges, James Karinchak, Tristan McKenzie, Kyle Dowdy, Heath Hembree and Bryan Shaw all listed on the pitching roster for Sunday’s game.
Fans in Goodyear will be able to attend games at a limited capacity with COVID-19 protocols in place around the ballpark, including:
- All fans will be required to wear face coverings that properly cover their nose and mouth at all times, unless they are eating or drinking in their seats
- No bags allowed – exceptions for medical bags, diaper bags and clutch purses no larger than 5” x 9”
- Socially distanced pod-style seating with 1-6 ticketed seats per pod
- Gate relocation to spread out fans when entering and exiting the park
- Increased hand sanitation stations throughout the park
- Touchless paper towel dispensers
- Ticketless entry
- Free parking
- Grass concourses will be closed
- Daily screening for COVID-19 symptoms of all ballpark staff
The Tribe will also be able to host fans at Progressive Field this season, starting at 30% capacity with hopes that as the season progresses more fans will be able to attend.