CLEVELAND — The Cavaliers redeemed themselves Saturday night, beating the Detroit Pistons, 114-90.
It was an electrifying two-hour game; filled with dunks, threes, and ankles being broken.
SPIDA HAD 'EM SHOOK 🕷️— NBA (@NBA) March 5, 2023
Watch live on the NBA App
📺: https://t.co/1pomQZMAZK pic.twitter.com/4RSoIwSCpv
While there were a lot of impressive moments throughout the game, Donovan Mitchell was on a roll until he got hurt. In the third quarter around the four-minute mark, Mitchell walked off after a hit to his left finger. It was confirmed that he suffered a left finger sprain and did not return for the rest of the night. Mitchell ended with 20 points, four assists, and three rebounds.
Darius Garland led the Cavs with 21 points, seven assists and three rebounds. Garland shot 72% from the field and made five 3-pointers out of six.
Evan Mobley picked up his 19th double-double and recorded his 200th career block. Mobley had 16 points, 11 rebounds, and six assists.
Highlights from the night:
- Mitchell’s cross-up on Killian Hayes. It happened more than once and Mitchell finished it off with a 3-pointer—all within the first quarter.
- Isaac Okoro, Jarrett Allen, Mitchell, Lamar Stevens, and Evan Mobley dunked multiple times throughout the night in different ways.
- Okoro’s second quarter behind-the-back layup at four minutes.
- Sam Merrill's first bucket as a Cavalier in the fourth quarter at the three-minute mark
- Overall amazing offense and defense.
The Cavs will now prepare themselves to once again take on the Boston Celtics at the Rocket Mortage FieldHouse Monday. Tip-off will be at 7 p.m.
Watch live and local news any time:
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.
You can also catch News 5 Cleveland on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, YouTube TV, DIRECTV NOW, Hulu Live and more. We're also on Amazon Alexa devices. Learn more about our streaming options here.