CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Browns have put three more players on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
Tackle Jack Conklin, long snapper Charley Hughlett and kicker Cody Parkey are on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Wednesday morning.
Fullback Andy Janovich was placed on the team's reserve/COVID-19 list Monday after the team announced that a player had received a positive COVID-19 test, forcing the facility to close temporarily while contact tracing was conducted.
Head coach Kevin Stefanski also said that Myles Garrett is out sick today, but it is not COVID-related.
The reserve/COVID-19 list was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person.
The Browns are not permitted to comment on a player’s medical status other than referring to roster status and may not disclose whether a player is in quarantine or has tested positive for COVID-19, per the NFL and NFLPA policy.
On Friday, a player tested positive for COVID-19 and the facility was closed for several hours while contact tracing was conducted.
The team later placed Chris Hubbard on the reserve/COVID-19 list.
“That is the world we live in right now, and we are ready to do whatever is necessary to keep everybody safe, first and foremost — keep our coaches, players and staff safe,” coach Kevin Stefanski said. “That is really where our mentality is. While doing that, we still have to prepare and get ready to play.”
The Browns (6-3) host the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
Cleveland had avoided any issues with the virus until last week when the team put quarterback Baker Mayfield on the COVID-19 list after he had close contact with an unidentified infected staffer. Mayfield missed one on-field practice before returning Wednesday.