CLEVELAND — Ahead of the Cleveland Browns’ first preseason game, fans heading down to FirstEnergy Stadium should keep in mind changes made to ticketing and reminders when it comes to traffic, parking and road closures.
Browns Mobile Ticketing
For the first time in 2019, fans heading to the stadium will no longer use hard copy or PDF tickets. Fans will now use mobile ticketing prior to approaching the stadium gates.
Secure mobile tickets will be accessible through the Browns Mobile App, which fans are encouraged to download prior to game day.
Tickets can be transferred to other parties, but they may not be transferred via screenshots as each mobile ticket is designed with a specific barcode.
Further instructions on how to download the app can be found here.
If fans have any difficulty on game day accessing the tickets through the Browns mobile app, they can receive further instruction at the Browns ticket office, located on the south side of FirstEnergy Stadium next to the Browns Pro Shop.
Parking and Traffic
Browns fans are encouraged to arrive at downtown Cleveland by 5:30 p.m.
- Vehicles commuting into downtown Cleveland are encouraged to car pool or take public transportation to decrease traffic congestion.
- Those commuting into downtown are recommended to use alternate traffic routes and minimize usage of the Shoreway’s East 9th Street, Lakeside Avenue/West 6th Street and West 3rd Street, particularly approaching and after 6 p.m.
- East 9th Street and West 3rd Streets will be closed between Lakeside Avenue and FirstEnergy Stadium, including Shoreway/State Route 2 exits around the stadium. Rolling road closures will begin 1.5 hours prior to kickoff for preseason and regular season games.
- Fans can also use the Browns mobile app to access WAZE to determine the best routes into downtown.
- Parking lots managed by the City of Cleveland located immediately around the stadium are pass-only lots, outside of ADA needs. There is no cash parking available in these locations, including the North Coast Harbor Lot and Dock 32.
- During the road closures that begin 90 minutes before kickoff, all Browns parking pass holders will only be able to reach FirstEnergy Stadium by use of North Marginal Road from East 55th Street.
- Fans can also reserve parking spaces in other nearby garages and lots through Parkmobile.
- The most recommended lots are located north of Superior Avenue and south of Lakeside Avenue.
Before you enter the stadium
The NFL's clear bag policy will remain in effect for the 2019 season.
- Each fan is permitted to bring one clear plastic bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12” or a small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand.
- If fans can't return bags that do not fit the requirement to their vehicle, they can drop off the bags to one of downtown Cleveland Alliance's two bag checks, which are located on the southwest side of the stadium and the northeast side of the stadium. Fans can check their bags from pregame through 60 minutes after kickoff with a $10 contribution to DCA, which oversees the area.
Watch the game on News 5
All four of the Browns' preseason games will air again on News 5. Fans can also tune in early to News 5 for Browns countdown, 30 minutes prior to kickoff, and following the game for News 5's postgame show.