SportsBrowns News

Actions

Kareem Hunt laying low after incident earlier this summer

Posted at 5:50 PM, Aug 05, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-05 17:50:55-04

CLEVELAND  — Kareem Hunt said an incident that happened on June 30 was a misunderstanding.

The 23-year-old Hunt, who will serve an eight-game NFL ban this season for off-field physical altercations last February, got into an argument with a friend in June. TMZ.com obtained a video taken near the Barley House, a popular night spot, of Hunt talking to officers. During the brief clip, one of them says to Hunt: “I saw him push you.”

Hunt was not arrested and Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia, a Cleveland police spokeswoman, said no reports were filed.

"I appreciate that the Browns still have my back and it was just something that you know, was a misunderstanding," Hunt said. "I can't have that. I look to move forward and continue bettering myself and working and getting ready for the season."

Hunt said after the incident, he is trying to stay out of the spotlight.

"I'm just going to lay low and continuing being a better person," Hunt said.

Hunt practiced for the first time on Monday with the Browns after suffering a groin injury.

RELATED: Browns speak with suspended RB Hunt after argument near bar