The Browns are expected to announce some big roster changes this weekend as some players will inevitably get the ax and bid adieu to Cleveland.
First but not foremost, Browns linebacker Mychael Kendricks was released from the team earlier this week after he was charged with insider trading by federal prosecutors. Kendricks later issued a statement where he claimed responsibility for actions he said he regretted.
Kendricks won't be the last name struck from the Browns roster this season, and the next player or players released by the team this weekend should fall under vastly different circumstances.
This story will be updated as Browns roster changes over the next few days. The Browns have a deadline of 4 p.m. on Saturday to reduce the roster to 53 players.
Here is a list of Browns roster moves so far:
- LB Mychael Kendricks — Released
- WR Jeff Janis — Contract terminated
- TE Stephen Baggett — Waived
- DB Christian Boutte — Waived
- DB Elijah Campbell — Waived
- OL Anthony Fabiano — Waived
- DL Jeremy Faulk — Waived
- OL Avery Gennesy — Waived
- OL Fred Lauina — Waived
- QB Brogan Roback — Waived
- DB Derron Smith — Waived
- DL Blaine Woodson — Waived
- WR C.J. Board — Waived /Injured
- LB Justin Currie — Waived /Injured
- DL Lenny Jones — Waived /Injured