CLEVELAND — A Small Craft Advisory is effect until 2 p.m. on Tuesday as waves are expected to reach 4 feet and above, according to the National Weather Service.
The advisory is in effect for the following areas along Lake Erie:
- Lake Erie nearshore waters from The Islands to Vermilion
- Lake Erie nearshore waters from Vermilion to Avon Point
- Lake Erie nearshore waters from Avon Point to Willowick
- Lake Erie nearshore waters from Willowick to Geneva-on- the Lake
- Lake Erie nearshore waters from Geneva-on-the- Lake to Conneaut
Waves are expected to reach anywhere between 3 to 6 feet and wind speeds could reach 21 to 33 knots, which could produce hazardous conditions to small crafts.
Inexperienced mariners, especially those operating smaller vessels should stay in port during these conditions.