From Sept. 16 through Sept. 30, Walmart is holding its first-ever car seat recycling event in celebration of National Baby Safety Month.
Customers can trade in used car seats at the service desk in any participating Walmart store and receive a $30 Walmart gift card that can be used in a store or online to buy items for their baby.
All car seats collected during the program will be recycled through TerraCycle.
Through the Walmart Car Seat Recycling Program, traditionally non-recyclable car seats are now nationally recyclable,” said Tom Szaky, CEO and Founder, TerraCycle in a news release.
How it works:
- Bring your car seat to the trade in event at your participating Walmart Supercenter.
- Take the car seat to the Customer Service counter to be recycled
- Receive your $30 Walmart gift card* that you can use in-store or online to buy items for your baby
Additional details about event:
- Limit of 2-trade-ins per household
- Any car seat brand is accepted
- Booster seats are not eligible for trade-in
More info on Walmart's car seat trade-in can be found here.
Target is also holding a similar event that runs from Sept. 3 through Sept. 13. Customers who bring in their old car seat can trade it in at Guest Service for a 20% coupon on a new car seat, stroller or select baby gear.