With the Cleveland Auto Show in its final weekend, consumers flock to the show, which is considered one of the largest in the country, to see the latest and oldest models of car brands. Throughout the country, the automotive industry has received criticism for outsourcing many of its cars and production assemblies. While that is true for some brands, there are some companies who build cars and engines in the state of Ohio and in return, keep thousands of jobs within state lines.
1. Chevrolet Cruze: The General Motors Lordstown plant, located twenty miles west of the Pennsylvania border, is the highest volume in single production assembly in the world with a total production of 16 million vehicles since 1966. The production of the Cruze started on September 8, 2010. Since then, the plant has built 1.3 million Cruzes since the launch. It's considered one of the highest selling brands in the country.
2. Ford Commercial Vehicles: Ford E-Series Cutaway/Chasis, F-650, F-750, and the Super Duty Cutaway are built in the Ford Assembly Plant in Avon, Lake. The plant currently employs 1,817 workers.
3. Honda: It all started in Marysville, Ohio. It's the largest of the four Ohio Honda plants producing the Honda Accord Sedan and the Honda Accord Coupe. The very first Honda Accord set the foundation for the success of Honda. Here, they continually strive to reinvent the Accord's features.
4. Acura: Bridging the gap between the Honda customers and the edge of luxury, the Acura TLX luxury Sedan, and the Acura ILX compact sports sedan are both built at the Honda Plant in Marysville, Ohio.
5. Honda CR-V and the Acura RDX compact SUV: Inside the 2.1 million square foot facility in East Liberty, Honda has produced 4.5 million Honda and Acura cars for customers worldwide.
6. Honda Engines: four-cylinder, V-6, and turbo engines are produced for Honda at the Anna Engine Plant. Employing more than 2,800 people, this plant produces over one million engines for Honda plants across the country.
7.Acura NSX: Is the latest addition to the Acura sports car family. Exclusively produced at the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio, each individual car alone takes about 20 hours to be painted and finished.