CLEVELAND — Eight men were charged with operating a drug trafficking organization that spread cocaine throughout Wayne, Stark and Tuscarawas counties on Wednesday afternoon, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Northern District of Ohio.
The following men were charged with distributing kilogram quantities of cocaine:
- Arnuflo Gomez-Araiza, 40, Orrville
- Alejandro Jesus Quezada, 33, Louisville
- Adrian Nava Marquez, 32, Canton
- Luis Soto-Perez, 27, Massillon
- Isidro Gutierrez-Meraz, 32, Orrville
- Isidro Gutierrez-Cuevas, 56, Orrville,
- Vicente Guzman-Bernal, 37, Dover
- Joshua Nagle, 40, Canton
In March 2020, federal, state and local law enforcement began investigating a drug trafficking organization led by Gomez-Araiza, the release said. It is alleged that the other seven members of the organization received shipments of cocaine, facilitated numerous drug transactions and shipped the proceeds across the state of Ohio.
Eight agencies were involved in the case.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.