CANTON, Ohio — Four students from a Canton middle school were treated at area hospitals Tuesday after eating chocolate candy another student brought to class.
According to the Canton Police Department, four students at Lehman Middle School ingested candy shortly after the school day started and then started feeling ill.
The students were all transported to nearby hospitals, authorities said. The student who brought the candy to school did not fall ill.
School officials and police are investigating the incident. It’s not known what substance may have been in the candy that caused the students to become sick.
No further information has been released.