AKRON, Ohio — A new app released by Akron Children's Hospital will give parents, whether or not their child is a patient at the hospital, medical information at their fingertips.
The new app allows access to a MyChart account, including ability to message doctors, request prescription renewals and obtain tests results.
The "Akron Children's Anywhere" app is free to download for both Apple and Android devices.
According to the hospital, parents can browse the main menu to find information such as:
- Symptom Checker: to find out what they could mean and advice on what to do
- Parent Advice: for answers to questions about behaviors, eating or wellness
- Find a Doc: directory searchable by name, specialty, location or distance to find the right care for a child
- Locations: quick access across Akron Children’s two hospital campuses and 60-plus primary, specialty and urgent care locations with hours, address and contact information
- First Aid: for quick reference on common injuries when time is precious
- Meds: for dosage information, pharmacy details and maintaining a list of a child’s medications
- Emergency: for quick connections to the Poison Control Center, 9-1-1 and Emergency Rooms
- Contact Us: phone numbers, website, email address and address for Akron Children’s services
- Giving: make a difference to the thousands of children the hospital treats with an online donation
Coming later in the year, the hospital plans to add a virtual visit feature and ability to schedule appointments.