CLEVELAND — A fire that broke out in an apartment building in Cleveland's Woodland Hills neighborhood left one dog dead and residents displaced, according to Cleveland Fire.
Around 8 a.m., crews were called to the area of Woodland Avenue and East 115th Street for a fire at a two-story apartment building.
Once on scene, firefighters began attacking the flames and initiating a search and rescue because it was an occupied building.
The fire was extinguished and all residents were able to get out of the building safely, but a dog inside of the apartment building was killed, according to Cleveland Fire.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental and was caused by a faulty air conditioner unit, according to the fire department.
Residents of the apartment building are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.