The City of Cuyahoga Falls, partnered with Klein's Pharmacy, and the Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery Services (MHARS) Board of Lorain County are holding a drug take-back event to help residents safely dispose of unused medications.
Both areas will hold their events on Saturday, Oct. 23—which is National Drug Take-Back Day.
In Cuyahoga Falls, the event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. near the entrance of Klein's Pharmacy, located at 2015 State Road.
Unused or expired medication will be collected at the event and safely disposed of. Needles and liquids will not be accepted, the city said.
While the event planned for Saturday aims to help residents safely dispose of unused medications, residents can also drop off unused and expired medication 24/7 at the drug disposal drop box located in the Cuyahoga Falls Police Department lobby at 2310 Second Street.
“Safely disposing of unused medication is critical to protecting our residents and our environment,” said Mayor Don Walters in a press release. “The City of Cuyahoga Falls is proud to partner with Klein’s Pharmacy on this important event.”
In Lorain County, volunteers will be on site at numerous locations around the county to provide free locking medication safes and other drug safety resources. At other locations, residents can drop off their unused or expired medications with law enforcement officers and other personnel to be safely disposed of.
Here are the locations accepting medication drop-offs:
- Avon Lake Police Department- 32855 Walker Rd. 44012
- Avon Police Department- 36145 Detroit Road. 44011
- Columbia Township Fire Department- 25540 Royalton Rd. 44028
- LaGrange Police Department- 301 Liberty St. 44050
- Oberlin Police Department- 85 South Main St. 44074
- Sheffield Village Police Department- 4340 Colorado Ave. 44054
Here are the locations in Lake County offering free medication safes and resources:
- Amherst Police Department- 911 North Lake St. 44001
- Elyria Police Department- 18 West Ave. 44035
- Grafton Police Department- 1009 Chestnut St. 44044
- Kipton Police Department- 299 State St. 44049
- Lorain County Sheriff’s Office- 9896 Murray Ridge Road. 44035
- Lorain Police Department- 200 West Erie Ave. 44052
- North Ridgeville Department- 7303 Avon-Belden Rd. 44039
- Sheffield Lake Police Department- 609 Harris Road. 44054
- Vermilion Police Department- 5791 Liberty Ave. 44089
- Wellington Police Department- 117 Willard Memorial Square 44090
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.