CLEVELAND — On Sunday, runners will take to the pavement of Cleveland’s streets for the Cleveland Marathon.
Road closures will begin to take effect on Saturday for the 10K and 5K races.
On Oct. 23, the following road closures will take place through Ohio City and Downtown Cleveland beginning at 6 a.m.
- Superior Avenue—Between West 3rd Street and E. Roadway Avenue
- West 9th Street— Between Superior Avenue and St. Clair Avenue
- St. Clair Avenue— Between West 9th and East 13th streets
- East 13th Street—Between St. Clair Avenue and Lakeside Avenue
- Lakeside Avenue— Between East 13th and East 9th streets
- East 9th Street—Between Lakeside Avenue and Al Lerner Way
- West 3rd Street— Between Al Lerner Way and St. Clair Avenue
- Detroit Avenue—Between West 9th and West 50th streets
- West 45th Street—Between Detroit and Franklin avenues
- Franklin Avenue— Between West 45th and West 28th streets
- West 28th Street— Between Franklin and Detroit avenues
Oct. 24, the following road closures will be in effect for the Cleveland Marathon beginning at 4 a.m.
- Superior Avenue—Between West 25th Street and East Roadway Avenue
- West Huron—Between Superior and Ontario avenue
- Ontario Avenue— Between West Huron and Carnegie Avenue
- Carnegie Avenue—Between Ontario Avenue and West 25th Street
- West 25th Street—Between Lorain and Detroit avenues
- Detroit Avenue—Between West 25 and West 9th streets
- West 9th Street— Between Superior and West Lakeside avenues
- Lakeside Avenue—Between West 9th and East 9th street
- East 9th Street—Between Lakeside and Cleveland Memorial Shoreway
- West 6th Street—Between Lakeside and Superior avenue
- Cleveland Memorial Shoreway—Between East 9th Street and West Boulevard (Access to Edgewater from West 73rd Street only)
There will be no parking on the course route on Saturday and Sunday.
Click here to view the timing of closures in your neighborhood.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.