GRAFTON, Ohio — Are you looking for a job in law enforcement? The Lorain Correctional Institution is holding an open interview mass-hiring event next week to fill corrections officer positions at the facility.
The event is on Sept. 14 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the prison, located at 2075 South Avon Belden Road, Grafton, 44044.
Positions start at $19.72 per hour with an increase after six months and then annually. Promotion opportunities are available after a probationary period.
Additional incentives are:
- Annual cost of living increases
- Roll call pay up to seven hours additional
- Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts at $.60 cents an hour
- Approved for VA educational benefits
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical insurance beginning first month after date of hire
- OPERS retirement plan
- 457 savings plan
- Union OCSEA Ohio Civil Service Employees Association
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
Same-day job offers will be available at the hiring event. You must apply online before attending the event. CLICK HERE to apply.
Conditional employment offers will be dependent on a background check and a negative drug test.
If attending the event, make sure to bring a copy of your diploma, GED or college transcripts as well as your driver's license and DD214 if you have served in the military.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.