As a result of the execution of 16 individual search warrants across northern Ohio, seven people have been indicted in Cuyahoga and Medina counties following a long-term commercial sex investigation conducted by the Ohio Investigative Unit and members of the United States Secret Service Northern District of Ohio Task Force.
In 2017, agents received complaints about possible illegal activity that was taking place in massage parlors in seven counties in northern Ohio, according to authorities.
Cuyahoga County Assistant Prosecutor Edward Brydle told News 5 this type of alleged sexual enterprise is hitting the suburbs especially hard, in this case, cities like Strongsville, Brunswick and Avon.
“They are places that suburban men visit frequently,” Brydle said.
“It’s right there out in the open with our businesses."
"We’re not going to allow businesses in strip malls, between a grocery store and your favorite retail establishment to operate in the open.”
“These businesses do not survive without these men going in and getting these types of massages, knowing what’s coming at the end, so we will pursue charges on them.”
The Cuyahoga County Grand Jury indicted the following people on counts of Promoting Prostitution:
- Jia Yue Dong, 42, Brunswick
- Cui Rong Chen, 44, Brunswick
- Fei Wang, 41, Brunswick
- Yan Wang, 41, Brunswick
- Chengqiang Yu, 48, North Royalton
- Robert Swartz, 50, Copley
The Medina County Grand Jury indicted Yulian Fu, 50, of North Royalton, on the same charge.
Search Warrants were issued at the following 16 locations:
- JC Relaxing, Inc., also known as Relax Massage, 3321 Center Road, Brunswick
- Hua Nan Massage (formerly SJ Relax, Inc.), 4004 Milan Road, Unit A, Perkins Township
- Robust Asian Massage, LLC, 16360 Pearl Road, Strongsville
- SC Relax, Inc., 14403 Pearl Road, Strongsville
- Sunny H. Reflex, Inc., 7914 Broadview Road, Broadview Heights
- Relax, Inc., 1211 West Main Street, Kent
- Lucky Jade, LLC., 2747 Medina Road, Medina
- Ming Relax, Inc., 4000 Oberlin Avenue, Unit 2, Lorain
- Bamboo Relaxing Massage, Inc., 2522 Cleveland Road, Unit A; Wooster
- W&D Relax, Inc.,1523 Lexington Avenue, Unit A, Mansfield
- Sun GR Reflect, Inc., 17456 Lorain Avenue, Unit A, Cleveland
- Sun GR Reflect, Inc., 26761 Royalton Road, Columbia Station
- Posh Massage, Inc., 37300 Detroit Road, Avon
- 1299 Old Eagle Drive #M5, Brunswick
- 1287 Old Eagle Drive # 109, Brunswick
- 411 Plymouth Court, Brunswick
“These parlors were illegally operating throughout multiple communities, including four here in Cuyahoga County,” said Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley. “I commend the multiple agencies involved who helped put an end to this criminal activity.”