In an effort to get the community to dispose of unused medications in a safe way, the Cleveland Police Department is allowing the public to drop off unused medications to several of their neighborhood headquarters.
Police are allowing the public to stop by any one of the five police districts to dispose of unused medications as part of National Drug Take Back Day, which is on Oct. 27.
On Saturday, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., the public can stop by the following locations with their medications:
- First District: 3895 West 130th Street Cleveland, Ohio 44111
- Second District: 3481 Fulton Road Cleveland, Ohio 44109
- Third District: 4501 Chester Avenue Cleveland, Ohio 44103
- Fourth District: 9333 Kinsman Road Cleveland, Ohio 44104
- Fifth District: 881 East 152nd Street Cleveland, Ohio 44106
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) said if the public is unable to drop off unused medications at designated locations, authorities encourage you to do the following:
- Take the meds out of their bottles
- Mix them with something unappealing like used kitty litter or coffee grounds
- Seal them in a bag or disposable container and throw it away