SANDUSKY, Ohio — Have you missed going to the lodge, the Great Wolf Lodge?
Well, you're in luck because the indoor waterpark is reopening June 26.
“The health, safety, and wellbeing of our guests, pack members, and community has long been our guiding principle at Great Wolf Lodge. We have been working to develop and implement comprehensive reopening plans based on guidance and protocols recommended by the government and CDC, and we’re excited to get families back to having fun with confidence because of the new safeguards we put into place across our resorts,” said Murray Hennessy, Chief Executive Officer for Great Wolf Resorts. “During our closure we heard from countless families who said the destination they’re most looking forward to reopening is their local Great Wolf Lodge, and we’re elated because there is nothing more precious to us than providing a joy-filled escape for families.”
Their reopening plan focuses on disinfection and sanitization, physical distancing, personal protection and minimizing surface interactions in all guest areas across the resort.
Some of the measures include:
- Resort staff sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces in the waterpark, attraction areas, restaurants, and all other public spaces.
- All guest rooms will be disinfected and sanitized prior to check-in.
- Reducing capacity to 50% or less.
- Markers will be placed in queues for waterslides, attractions, retail shops, food outlets, and front desk measuring six-feet of distance between guests.
- The number of hand-sanitizer stations throughout the resort will increase significantly.
- They are installing plexiglass barriers to provide separation between guests and employees.
- Contactless payment options.
- Food services will offer remote ordering with pick-up options so guests can enjoy their meals in the comfort of their rooms.
- All employees will undergo a wellness and temperature check before reporting to work.