MENTOR, Ohio — This summer, residents in Mentor will be able to cool off at the Mentor Civic Center Pool. The Lake County General Health District approved the opening of the pool beginning Saturday, June 13.
Since the pool is a public space, health officials said it is up to the individual to determine their level of comfort and acceptable risk when entering the pool area.
The pool will be open daily through August 15 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Season pass holders can gain access to the pool beginning at 1:00 p.m. and day pass holders can enter after 1:30 p.m.
According to the city of Mentor, the following changes will be put into place, including no swimming lessons available this year:
- Pool access will be available to Mentor residents ONLY. Proof of residency will be required for Season Passes and Day Passes.
- Occupancy will be limited to 300 guests at any given time.
- Those 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pool features including the obstacle course, climbing wall, kiddie pool, and splash pad will NOT be available for use.
- Swim lessons will not be available this year.
- Morton Pool, Garfield Pool, and Walsh Park Splashpad, will remain closed this year.
Season and day pool passes will go on sale Wednesday, June 3 at the Parks and Recreation desk on the second floor of the Mentor Municipal Center, 8500 Civic Center Boulevard. Residents should bring a utility bill to verify residence.
If you have a pass from the 2019 season, adult, senior and youth single memberships can be renewed online. Family renewals can be done by calling Mentor Parks and Recreation at 440-974-5720.
Find new protocols and pool use rules here.