A 15-year-old trick-or-treater fell ill on Halloween night after eating a piece of candy that he claimed did not taste right, but Lorain police said they don't believe the candy was tainted.
Around 6:30 p.m., a Lorain resident called 911 regarding her brother feeling sick after eating some candy, according to the police report. The caller said her brother had been eating a sucker that he said smelled funny and didn't taste right. The boy threw the sucker away but became ill about 10 minutes later. The teen also said his entire body felt numb, the report said.
The teen later told police he got the candy from a man who told him not to "worry if the packages were open," and that he bought them at a store, according to the report.
Officers took the teen back to the neighborhood where the candy originated from, but initially, they weren't able to locate the specific house that it came from. Officers said they later found the home and the resident is cooperating with authorities.
The sister took the teen to a nearby hospital for evaluation, the report said.
The candy was sent out to a lab to be tested, police said. Authorities are still waiting on the results.
The incident remains under investigation, but Lorain police said they have only received one complaint about the candy.