Several local businesses were busted this week for conducting illegal gambling.
Richland County's METRICH law enforcement unit served seven search warrants Thursday with the assistance of the Mansfield Police Department, the Ontario Police Department, the Richland County Sheriff’s Office, Ashland Police Department, Ashland County Sheriff’s Office and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
The search was conducted after METRICH received complaints that private clubs and skill-based game rooms were conducting illegal gambling.
The busted businesses include:
- Games 4 You- 1621 West Fourth Street Ontario, Ohio
- Sons of Herman- 416 Orange Street Mansfield, Ohio
- Sons of Italy- 144 West Third Street Mansfield, Ohio
- Amvets- 1100 West Fourth Street Mansfield, Ohio
- Lucky Spot Skill Games- 2000 West 4th Street Ontario, Ohio
- Skills & Thrills- 450 Ashland Road Mansfield, Ohio
- Buckeye Room Skill Games- 1060 Park Avenue West Mansfield, Ohio
Officers seized items consistent with illegal gambling as well as banking documents and $21,266 in cash.
Charges are pending.